SPECIAL DELIVERY | digital_art |
















NANCY FISCHER is an american artist, born 1959
she is an amateur photographer & recently started to follow digital art.

the THE CITY CAPTURED series
is speaking to us about everyday life in new york city -
the people on the streets walking their babies or having breakfast in a famous dinner
the windows of greenwich village & the beauty of the buildings
according to the words of the artist:
"having grown up in new york city i've always been exposed to the beauty of architecture, culture & people from all walks of life
i remember as a child seeing a building with beautiful details & texture & feeling sad that i had to walk away
i needed to find a way to take that beauty with me & hold on to it
i wanted & still want to hold on to the beauty
photography enables me to do that
it fills a need in me
my photography, while not learned in any school, with no idea about the "right" lighting, pov or crop
is about me & what moves me artistically
i see it, i capture it & then with the help at times of digital options i enhance what i've capture
texture, color, light, shadows, reflections & life are what move me..."

> presentation & text by jan kolling

No comments:

Post a Comment