HOPE FLOATS | digital_art | 2008




















THOMAS BROADFOOT is an american artist, born 1955
he works exclusively upon digital art

the  "PERSONAL CHOICE OF 9"  series
presents us a self-taught digital artist
which is thriving on interpreting his ideas about our world & other worlds beyond
Thomas Broadfoot says:
"the work has been influenced by my love of sci-fi stories, history, politics, science & current events
the process of creating images that exist nowhere on this planet but within my own mind is a great joy
most of my images begin on a blank electronic canvas & expand layer upon layer
just like other artists, i have canvases, paint palettes, tools & texture agents
no photographs are utilized in my digital paintings & i typically work from images in my mind
while the landscapes often remind viewers of places they recall
there is usually something intentionally otherworldly in my 3D virtual environments
utilizing perspective, reflection & transparency are important features of my work
my current work investigates the themes of environmental devastation, surrealistic landscapes & green issues"

> presentation & text by jan kolling

No comments:

Post a Comment